Sunday, April 26, 2015

ROMANCE WAS BORN

Birthed in 2005, Romance Was Born is an Australian (Sydney) label by Anna Plunkett and Luke Sales that is known for it's playfully eccentric outrageousness. (according to what I've read) Anna and Luke draw a lot of their inspiration from traditional art (traditional in in the sense of painting/illustration/sculpture etc....wanted to specify because there are so many forms of art! Everything seems to BE art these days..which I'm not definitely  complaining about! haha, anyhow..) They received the Woolmark Australian Designer Award in 2009 and their celebrity fans include Tavi Gevinson, Nicky Minaj, Lilly Allen and Bat for Lashes! The images below(source) are some of my favorite looks from their most recent collection.











Makeup & Hair/Details/Backstage
9(






2 comments:

Colleen said...

It's like Lisa Frank color explosion! I really like this collection. I think I need to start paying more attention to Australian designers!

COOCOO FOR COCO

Cara said...

Haha, I know right!? I LOVE Australian designers and clothing stores right now! (if you haven't already) check out Discount Universe http://shop.discountuniverse.com.au/ - they are my fav and I think you'll dig them.