Wednesday, April 29, 2015

1 Selfie - 7 Different Artistic Edits

Lets be honest, most people don't want to see selfies in their feed on any social media platform. Of  course there are exceptions; celebrities, people who are "internet famous" etc..) But for the most part I think most us cringe (or roll our eyes) a little when we see that girl who was our third best friend in 6th grade has posted yet another selfie. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating or saying that I don't post selfies, but come on, I think if we reached deep down into our heart of hearts we could all admit that we feel pretty indifferent when someone we know posts a selfie. 
Tonight, yes...I took some selfies. There was one that I really dug. But all the realities of what I mentioned in the above paragraph kind of sunk down to my belly.  I've posted more selfies then usually for the last couple months and I felt weird about posting yet another one..So I was bummed because I really really liked this selfie dammit! The wheels in my head began to turn a little; "Hmm..what if it wasn't just regular boring selfie?? What if you made it ART??" I began to mess around with some editing apps on my phone and made 7 different artistic versions of the same selfie. I obviously didn't plan on posting all of them, but I kept getting inspired and finding new ways to reinvent the same picture. It was around the 4th edit that I decided to make a blog post about this.. 1. because I didn't want to spam any feeds and 2. because I thought (possibly?) some of you might like them.  
This was the original selfie 

And here are the 7 edits:








The apps I used to make these are called "Camera 360" and "PicsArt"

3 comments:

Colleen said...

These edits are great! And who cares what people think? Post all the selfies you want. You're gorgeous!

COOCOO FOR COCO

Viva La DIY said...

Beautiful ;)
♡ Dulce

Cara said...

Colleen- thanks babe! <3!!!

Dulce- <333333!! I followed you on insta, I was stoked to see you had found me! You're gorgeous btw!xx