Monday, December 29, 2014

-WASTELAND- (Material Girl Magazine) by Emily Soto

As far as my styling goes, I think (if I really even am at all, haha) I'm most known for the work I've done with Emily Soto(Photographer). Emily(speaking in terms of just herself, as a person) is definitely one of my favorite photographers to collaborate with and just overall one of the nicest and most humble people I have come across since I've been styling. Emily and I got connected (officially) through Linkedin(Though she know resides in New York City) Emily started shooting fashion 5 (possibly 6 now) years ago in San Diego(California). I live about 2 hours north in Orange County and even though it's no secret that Emily's work almost immediately(and continues to) generate this contagious and electric level of excitement among the public, the fashion/editorial community in Southern California is a tight knit small small (smallllll) world.  That being said, I knew of Emily's work (and shared mutant contacts) with her for probably a little over a year before we ever communicated on Linkedin. And regardless of the reality that professionally Networking is the whole purpose of Linkedin, it isn't exactly known (in the Fashion community)  as a key/common networking tool(I think most fashion peeps would agree that Instagram and Facebook are more of the key social media platforms to network) So when people ask how I met/came to work with Emily and I say "Linkedin" it usually gets a little chuckle.

Below is the most recent editorial Emily and I have worked on together. It was featured in Material Girl Magazine last summer and is probably one of my personal favorites of the recent work I have done as a stylist in general. (Okay I'll shut up about how much and the countless reasons I love Emily right after this last thing..) I designed and produced the floral headpiece worn by the model in the second look (4th and 5th picture) Which was a last minute addition to that look. I had made it a few weeks before (not knowing or anticipating it's exact purpose) but had brought it along that day with the rest of the wardrobe. I took it out (and believe me when I say that the way I had constructed it/it's size would have made any other photographer feel frightened and make themselves question my sanity as a human and overall judgement as stylist.) But Emily didn't flinch, she agreed to try it and see it and she made it work. <3 p="">











Photography by Emily Soto
Model Shawnee Badger
Makeup & Hair Tammy Yi
Dress by Michelle Hebert
Flower Crown by Flower Gypsies 
Stylist Cara Bloom

1 comment:

Viva La DIY said...

Stunning, the styling is totally on point!
♡ Dulce