Tuesday, December 02, 2014

#ColorMyPup

Here's the back story to this post:
Me being myself, naturally I search Lisa Frank #hashtags on Instagram and Tumblr every few weeks. 95% of the time the search results are nothing special, snapshots of Lisa Frank displays at 5 below or The Dollar Tree taken by people who are shocked it's back after so many years, vintage stickers, selfies of girls wearing  LF t-shirts they bought a few years ago at Urban Outfitters, an unnecessary abundance of (probably)adults displaying their genius level artistic ability from the Lisa Frank coloring book. In any case regardless of rarely finding anything unique, I still always check because every so often I strike (rainbow/unicorn) GOLD. 
(The back story is now over. I'll keep the rest of this as brief as possible seeing as most people wont read any of this and just scrolled right to the pictures)
Several months I did my biweekly #LisaFrank search on Instagram and struck the ultimate upon ultimate unique awesomely creative epic thing I have ever found: 


(YES, A MOTHER EFFIN' LISA FRANK DOG! A POODLE TO BE EXACT!)
Found on this Instagram account:
I  probably would have blogged about this back then, if I had a blog in those days. Today all of a sudden it dawned on me to blog about it. Okay so, I more than understand that the professional/traditional/responsible/non-impulsive/mature thing would have been to email this woman to find out more info/request an interview, but I suck at life sometimes and got impatient because I was really really really really excited to blog about this. So yeah please bear in mind any details about the dog or the account(s) these pictures came from aren't based on anything besides what I assume to be the case after 10 minutes of creeping her Instagram. However I DO know (based on replies to comments and specifically indicated in her account description) that ALL dyes being used on the dogs are all natural, vegan and safe. 
She uses the hashtag #colormypup in several of the posts, so I clicked on the tag to see what else came up and noticed this account@Color_my_pup (which I assume is her second account) I don't know for sure but I'm assuming she does all the dying/styling/awesomeness/creativity on the dogs herself. Here are some more examples of her doggie dye rad originality skills found on her Instagram:







No comments: